Friday, January 18, 2013

A strong mother, supportive family, and spiritual intervention

    It has kind of been a while since I last posted on Gloria's blog but I wanted to express how proud I am of my mom for how strong she has been throughout this whole process of her BMT. She has really been struggling with her health over the years; whether it be her myelofibrosis, leukemia, splenectomy, and now her BMT(maybe even a few I failed to mention) but she has fought through and overcome all of those.  Although there were many tears shed and thoughts of giving up with the treatments, she stuck with it and at this point all that has paid off. I can not even imagine how emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually draining an ordeal like this would be.
    My mother is one of the most spiritually oriented individuals I know and I also know that she would not have come this far without her immense faith in the gospel, the Lord, and the priesthood blessings she has received. She truly is a spiritual giant and a great example to me of what a proper member of the church should be.
    On a similar note, her brother and my uncle Shawn has been instrumental in this process. Volunteering his time, midi-chlorians(bone marrow-Star Wars joke), and his priesthood power - giving her blessings when she needed them. She sure loves her baby brother very much. There was no question from Shawn that he would be Gloria's bone marrow donor when we found out he was a match. We all appreciate your help throughout this ordeal uncle Shawn! Couldn't have done it without you!
   That goes for each and every one of you that have helped out with visits, cleaning Gloria's house, helping her with meals, taking time to talk to her and give her support, and anything else that I may have forgotten. Once again we are all grateful for the immense support and kindness shown by one and all. Thank you. We couldn't have done it without all of your individual efforts. It sure is inspiring to have such a loving, caring, and supportive family:)

Love ya'll,

*Also be sure to check out the trailer down below that Chari made for (Gloria's upcoming movie?) hahaha good stuff Char.

Nate

4 comments:

  1. Nate...love your writing! Made me cry. I miss you all. I agree with everything you said, mom is truly the strongest woman I know! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate, this is so sweet! We've all got trials- and you my little bro., are just as strong. Love you! Someday I may need your marrow- keep that in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate I love this post. Especially the Star Wars reference (always appropriate). You are a good son and have been very supportive to your sweet mom. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you to Chari, Melissa, Nate and Kelene!!!!! You are amazing children and your mom is feeling the love and support from all of you. It's been so very hard for me to be away from Gloria and I love to hear her voice when we talk on the phone. Thank you for the blog and the pictures. I miss her so much and wish to be right by her side. She is my "pioneer friend" with a lot of faith and fight. My love to all of your family and a BIG thank you to Shawn. (maybe someday we'll meet and I'll thank him in person) Take care and carry on as onward and upward we go!!!!!
    Love and hugs to each of you from,
    Kathy











    ReplyDelete